29905560

I am a self employed consultant engineer, trading as a limited

I am a self employed consultant engineer, trading as a limited company, and I wish to take a client to court over an unpaid bill of £900. How do I proceed?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Assuming you have already sent them formal reminders and have also threatened legal action, if the bill still remains unpaid then you can proceed with making a claim in the Small Claims Court. This is a relatively simple process and you can submit it online by going to www.moneyclaim.gov.uk where you can complete the online claim form and it will kick start the whole process. The court will contact the debtor and advise them of the claim, then they will have a limited time to defend it, otherwise you can seek to obtain judgment in default against them

Customer:

Thank you Ben, that is most helpful.