12826847

do I have to be regesterd with a doctor? I had to fill in a

Customer Question

do I have to be regesterd with a doctor? I had to fill in a questionere with the DVLA medical group for drink duiving.they are going to revoke or halt my application because I did not give them an address. I have not been regesterd with a doctor for 20 years. I should have had my licence back on the15 Oct 2013

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

There is no law against not being registered with a doctor but this isn't an issue of a breach of a law. This is an issue of road safety and if they cannot write to your doctor to confirm your up to date medical history, they will presume the worst.

This should be fairly easy to resolve though. Your notes must be somewhere. Just register with a new doctor and get them to find your previous medical notes.

Just because you haven't seen a doctor for 20 years doesn't mean anything sinister. In fact, it tends to suggest you are in good health.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The last time I went to a doctor was when I was about 10 years old. DVLA wont find any history about me. Should I get regesterd with my local Dr to keep them happy because DVLA Medical Group are starting to upset me. I have 21 days to respond, but if I do regester DVLA wont find any history about me because I have not been near a doctor in 20years

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The last time I went to a doctor was when I was about 10 years old.DVLA wont find any history about me. Should I get regesterd with my local Dr to keep them happy because DVLA Medical Group are starting to upset me. I have 21 days to respond

Yes, its a good idea to do that.

If there's no history then there is no history but their concern will be that you are concealing something by not registering
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will go to the Dr tomorrow and regester. Will that help?

Yes, do it as soon as possible.

They might not be able to do it within 21 days. It depends how efficient the local GP is. But get it done so the DVLA cant blame you.

They will locate your notes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you. You are brill .

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.