75100385

My next door neighbour (the Grand Hotel in Torquay) is projecting

My next door neighbour (the Grand Hotel in Torquay) is projecting a Christmas message from the Grand Hotel onto the North facing wall of our flats. He refuses to stop projecting in this manner. What action can I take?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

You need to report this to the Council - he needs planning permission for this.

Alex Watts :

Or you could seek an injunction to stop him

Alex Watts :

The Court would list the matter for an interim hearing and decide whether or not to grant an interim injunction pending a final hearing after which it would make no difference.

Alex Watts :

But he does need planning permission so speak to the Council first as they may be able to stop him and serve an enforcement notice.

Alex Watts :

Alex Watts :

I know someone projected onto the Houses of Parliament and it was stopped fairly quickly!

Customer:

Customer:

Alex, thank you so much that was excellent news. Would you like feedback? I'll get onto the Council first tomorrow.

Customer:

Alex thanks for that, it is excellent. Would you like feedback, I'll get onto it first thing tomorrow, and if so how to I feed the result back to you?

Customer:

Alex, that is excellent, thank you so much. I'll get on to it fist think tomorrow with the Council. Would you like feedback on the result, if so how do I get that to you. Thanks again, Roger