75100385

Shop lease

Hi, I've just signed a new three year lease on a shop that I run my buisness from and i've just found out that another person maybe buying the building from the landlord I have the lease with? What are my legal options?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you want to end the lease or stay please?
Customer:

Hi, I wish to stay with my current new three year lease. Does the current lanlord need to legally give me first chance to buy the property first? We have been at the same property with the same landlord for well over 11 years now.

Alex Watts : Unless there is anything in your agreement that says you have a first chance to buy then no, you do not have the right,
Alex Watts : If it is in your lease then yes you do.
Alex Watts : Your new landlord should continue on the same terms as the old one.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?