75100385

hi my partner recently booked a 5 star all inclusive holiday

Customer Question

hi my partner recently booked a 5 star all inclusive holiday to crete through a tour operator we had specific requirements regarding our holiday we booked a lovely hotel with thomson through our operator, after giving them otr card details we received a phone call about an hour later to tell us that the thomson flight and holiday was full. They then recommended that we should stay in a different hotel but had all the same criteria , it was even from a different airport , they said they would pay the parking , however we agreed , with their recommendation as they insisted it was the same criteria , as for the different airport i thought well as long as were going to Crete on the dates we wanted , and it was exactly what we wanted I didn't mind . received the conformation from them and the itinerary, instantly noticed that the flight times had now been changed , to a later time eventually we arrived in Crete we then waited for around 30 mins for other passengers to get on our coach , after approx 2 hours we ended up in a run down hotel. again waited for our room, wish we hadn't the room was appalling it was a twin bed dingy at best 2 star room . i complained to the reception , and was told that as it was around 2am there was nothing tghey could do until later in the morning around 9 am i went to reception and asked for a different room, and that we had booked a 5 star holiday we were horrified to be told that the hotel was not a 5 star . they had several 4 star rooms but we were booked into the 3 star side of the hotel. I instantly reported this at the resort and demanded that we be moved to a better hotel , that we had already paid for . after several hours we were offered a different room , this was a bit better but still not what we had expected. our tour rep at resort still hadn't got back to us , so i emailed her , after 2 days she got back to us saying there was nothing they could do and we would have to sort it out whan we got back home, we then decided to phone the uk and demand them to move us , we were pretty much told tough as we had agreed to all their terms and conditions. they would move us but we would have to pay for firstly the hotel we were in and then extra to stay in a 5 star To say i was annoyed was an understatement , i demanded action , but the phone was put down on me , I was overheard by one of the guests and they asked me what the issue was I told them of our plight, and they then told me that they had booked a 3 star all inclusive break , and paid a third of what we paid , ( i have their invoice and all their details) I then phoned back to the uk and spoke to a representative from our tour operator. I informed them that we had done some research and found several holidayers had booked a three star break and the hotel they had put us in was not 5 star THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE LYING I THEN WENT TO THE RECEPTION TO ASK WHAT THE OFFICIAL RATING WAS and was informed that it is a 3 star at the moment as it was closing down in a few weeks for refurbishment , I asked them for a hotel brochure and it clearly states it is NOT A 5 STAR I have a list of complaints[plaints especially the food and drink , there was no entertainment in the evenings I have since been in contact with the company agin they say its tough and we got what we booked and paid for We had an awful time and nearly split me and my partner up as I blamed her at the time. we had booked and paid for a five star adult only all inclusive holiday from Cardiff wales airport with afternoon flights , 15 mins from the airport and close to the beach. that is what i gave my debit details for and thought that was what i had paid for. however it turned out that we ended having a flight from Bristol airport with Ryan air an evening flight with a 2 hour transfer put in a dingy room next to a childrens play area not good enough to class it as a 2 star . the food was disgusting the drinks were at best poor about 250mtrs from the pebble beach I have several holiday makers names and addresses who are happy to make a statement loads of photos and videos I beleive that our whole holiday has been ruined as well as damage to our relationship we did not receive what we paid for . i strongly beleive we have been missled and mis sold a holiday T J Hughes

Do I have a case for a refund

I have been offered a £70 holiday voucher  good will gesture 

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How much was the holiday and was it paid for by debit or credit card please?

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

the holiday cost was approx £1158 ( we later found out they over charged us by £33 )

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

We paid by debit card

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

but after seeing my statement later there were 4 amounts taken out at seperate intervals 2 for Ryan air and another 2 amunts for 321 travel that seems strange I only permitted one debit .

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

we found out that other holiday makers on the exact same holiday flights coach transfers and accomadation

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

they had paid around £300 each

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

but they had booked a no thrills all inclusive 3 star holiday , and even they weren't happy with the hotel

JACUSTOMER-m1welkax- :

I am not a snob but me and my partner both work hard and thought we deserved a really nice holiday with no stress and we just feel we didn't get what we payed for , I feel cheated and annoyed by this company

Alex Watts : You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this recorded delivery and keep a copy. If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court. The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce. If the matter is defended it will be set down for a trial. If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim and you will not need representation. Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I see you have relisted this - what else would you like to know about this?