Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Good evening, My name is Teddy. For several years i helped

Customer Question

Good evening,
My name is Teddy.
For several years i helped my previous employer to recruit people (post a ads in web sites, translate CVs, translate during interviews etc) , I was admin assistant and he use to pay me bonus and i was happy. I move to London now, but he called and asked me to help him again and of course i am ready to do it, BUT...
I have to do it as Sole trader (already applied), booked appointment for business banking, setting up a website, business cards and find an accauntant :)
My idea is, as i did it before, just to be the broker between the employer and candidate; to translate cv's, organize transport, interviews and may be accomodation once they are with the employer and i get my check i am no longer engaged with candidates to monitor them or do theire wages.
My accauntant advise me to check should i be regulated and what certificates/documents i need in this case?

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a specific question?

JACUSTOMER-nbwro9ur- :

Good evening, My name is Teddy. For several years i helped my previous employer to recruit people (post a ads in web sites, translate CVs, translate during interviews etc) , I was admin assistant and he use to pay me bonus and i was happy. I move to London now, but he called and asked me to help him again and of course i am ready to do it, BUT... I have to do it as Sole trader (already applied), booked appointment for business banking, setting up a website, business cards and find an accauntant :) My idea is, as i did it before, just to be the broker between the employer and candidate; to translate cv's, organize transport, interviews and may be accomodation once they are with the employer and i get my check i am no longer engaged with candidates to monitor them or do theire wages. My accauntant advise me to check should i be regulated and what certificates/documents i need in this case?

Ben Jones : Ok I am not sure this is my area actually, I will have to opt out of this question and leave it for my colleagues to deal with if they can
Customer :

I will be really happy if someone give me more info asap. Thank you

Ben Jones : I cannot guarantee how soon that will be as it depends on who feels they have the expertise to deal with it and if they are around, but the question will be visible to all experts
Customer :

thank you

Ben Jones : you re welcome
Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

You want to know how to trade legally in the uk, is that right?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Alex,

Yes, thats right, i would like to keep it as simple as possible and absolutley legal.

I guess that this company in Northern Ireland will be the only customer for a while and dont want to jump in tousants to invest for certificates.

thanks,

Teddy

Forgive me I assume you were in England and the law may be different. I apoligise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am in England, London, but the employer is in NI

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am in England, I live in London, but would like to operate in NI

I can only help with you the law in England I am sorry to say.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Oh OK, hope some of your colleagues will help.

Thank you Alex :)

Let me write more info then...

I live in England, but would like to operate my business in Northern Ireland. The employers are in food processing and packaging sector. Usually the people i was asked to look for was from Bulgaria.

I will be really greatfull if someone help me,

thanks in advance

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Well , ok , thank you for the help, you can continue it , yes!

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Hi Teddy

It sounds as if you are operating a business that falls within the regulation of employment agencies.

Any business that helps people find jobs or supplies staff to employers is an employment agency.

England and Norther Ireland have different legislation but the effect is broadly the same.

You wil need to comply with the regulations. One of the most important is that you cannot charge the job seeker fees for finding work and whilst you can charge of CV writing and similar services you are not allowed to make it compulsory to for the job seeker to use those services.

You can find detailed guidance here:
http://www.delni.gov.uk/08final_detailed_guide_conduct_regs.pdf

You do no normally need any licence to be an agency as long as you are not a gang master pro supplying staff in certain areas such as nursing staff.

You do need to make sure you comply with the law however because breach can be a criminal offence
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am going to supply knife-skilled saff to large beef wholesale market.

http://gla.defra.gov.uk/Guidance/Information-on-Licensing/Exclusions/

"Processing and packaging

You do not need a licence to supply workers for processing and packaging in the following outlets:

• a food retail outlet
  • catering outlet
  • retailers distribution centre
  • fresh produce, meat or fish wholesale market
  • wholesaling establishment"

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am happy to see that :)

I am going to introduce knife-skilled personnel for processing and packaging in the meat wholesale market

Can you please, look at the following link:

"Processing and packaging

• a food retail outlet

• catering outlet

• retailers distribution centre

• wholesaling establishment"

So I dont need Licence ?!

Regards,

Teddy

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
No you do not need a licence . As I said however you still need to comply with the rules for employment agencies.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Of course i will.

Thank you very much

Good luck with this

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.