Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

I have just purchased a landrover car from an approved land

Customer Question

I have just purchased a landrover car from an approved land rover dealer with a approved car promise, guaranteed miles, service history and general,condition of car. After 2 days of the purchase I found that the miles are invalid and have been clocked and the service history is missing for 2 1/2 years, invalidating this. I also have illegal window tinting that I was advised was landrover factory fitting and are not. I paid £29k for the car, and after identifying the issues the main dealer simpy wants to purchase the car back from me, however I have spent 2 weeks in negotiation, 2 days holiday and approx £400 of cosmetic work on the car since purchase. And unless I had noticed this no one would have identified it! The dealer only wants to give my money back but I have asked them to supply an alternative car as I have sold my old car? Where do I stand, they have breached trade descriptions and committed fraud? I am simply asking for an alternative car, and I have found many on sale at present, but they are not interested.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How did you pay for the car please, was it on finance?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.