12826847

Good evening i suffered a bad accident in feb 2012 smashing

Customer Question

Good evening i suffered a bad accident in feb 2012 smashing the neck of my right femur off.The dwp refuse to pay me because i own another property which i have leased to a housing association for six years.i consider this property to be a business asset. Is the dwp right in classing this property as having more 16000 in savings. this is what they told me and that i would have to sell it if i wanted some money. I am trying to claim employment and support allowance which they turned me down on because they said i did not score enought points medically which i overturned in my favour in an appeal on 12/11/13 but the dwp still refuses to pay me, also i am self empoyed.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?

Just to let you know I will probably follow this up on the morning if thats ok?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jo C The dwp are saying that because i own this proprty i have more than 16000 pounds in savings, therefore i am not entitlled to any benefits.because they class the proerty as capital or savings. I challenge this because it is a business and they surely cant suggest i sell my business. Yes Jo it is fine to follow this up in the morning, i am sorry i am so slow but i have never done an email before ,i dont even know if i have got my right email address if i havent my mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXX many thanks for your help, Richard.

Thanks for the time.

I presume you are claiming means tested benefits?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.