75100385

Can you appeal against conviction if you plead guilty at a

Customer Question

Can you appeal against conviction if you plead guilty at a hearing

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you please let me know why you would want to appeal if you entered a guilty plea please?
JACUSTOMER-qhjwsfbi- :

I was taken to court for texting my ex-girlfriend. However I pleaded guilty on the first day as the prosecution said if I didn't that they would take me down the domestic violence route and also I was ill advised by my solicitor. Also my text messages were used as evidence in court but none of her messages were given in evidence. They cherry picked evidence and only showed what I had text and non of her texts. I also had phoned the Police to get my passport back off her and the Police said to text her and ask for it back. However this wasn't told to the court either and I also asked for the Police to attend the property and get it so I didn't have to go and they really didn't want to help. She started all this action against me as I had asked the Police to retrieve my passport. Basically I feel it was very one sided against me and I felt external pressure to plead guilty as I was so scared about being taken to a domestic violence court!! Can I appeal and how would I go about doing it. I pleaded guilty at Court when they asked how was I going to plead but I feel so bad for doing it as I know I was wrongly treated and not given a fair trial.

Alex Watts : Have you been sentenced?