Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my son has been bailed because his daughter from his first

Customer Question

my son has been bailed because his daughter from his first marriage has accused him of inapropriate touching saying it happened 15 years ago does this mean the police will interview his brothers and sisters and my self .

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is there any reason you think they would?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my daughter thinks they will try to get evidence my interviewing us all

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

as there isnt any evidence just that my grandaughter has made a statement to the police

There is evidence. She has made an allegation. That is evidence.

I cannot immediately see any reason to interview anybody else. There's no allegation against any of you I presume? You are not witnesses?

If you are witnesses and you are going to support the defence then its probably better to make a statement to his solicitors rather than the police though. The solicitors are less likely to ask you questions that support the prosecution account.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.