12826847

My husband has lasting poa over his mother, signed when she

Customer Question

My husband has lasting poa over his mother, signed when she was in sound mind. She was diagnosed with dementia 2 years ago which has since worsened so that my elderly father in law cannot care for her any more. She became ill and once in hospital they realised there was carer breakdown. She then went to a place to be accessed and was found that she had lost mental capacity to make rational decisions. Now in a lovely care home but a few of my husbands siblings are saying there is nothing wrong with her, just old age and are looking into contesting my husbands power of attorney. We have done everything by the book, had care managers to make assessments etc. Is there anything we can do? Will they be able to do this? Would be grateful for some advice.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What do they think should happen to his mother?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.