Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My question relates to my flat. My husband died approximately

Customer Question

My question relates to my flat. My husband died approximately 12 months ago. Where can I find if we owned the flat as "beneficial joint tenants or "tenants in common"? There is still a considerable sum of money left to pay on the Mortgage which I am struggling to pay. Which of the above would be better for me and could I change courses if it would help the situation. If so how could I achieve this?
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

could she kindly tell me to the best of your knowledge whether your property is registered with the land Registry or whether your property is unregistered? My guess would be, unless your mortgage is very very old, that your property would be registered but you confirmation on this point would be very helpful if you are aware

Joshua :

Sorry for the typo above: "could she kindly tell me to the best of your knowledge..." = "could you kindly tell me to the best of your knowledge..."