Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator

I hired a van off Europe Cars, I did not take the extra insurance

Customer Question

I hired a van off Europe Cars, I did not take the extra insurance protection on the access. Someone ran in to the back of the van. I got the details from the third party and passed it on to Europe cars. They contacted the third party Insurance on 8th October 2013. The third party insurers are Service claims, they have not responded and have not given a claim Ref: They sent a solicitors letter threatening legal action on 22nd november. The third party insurers have not responded. They dont accept phonecalls. I am £1,000 out of pocket. What can I do Now?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Do you have their details? Do given to me but do you have them?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The third party insurers are called Service Claims, they are based in Hove Brighton.

Sorry for the delay. I lost my connection.

Do you have name and address of the fault driver?

If so that is who you sue in small claims court and let the fault driver deal with their incompetent insurer and make them settle.

It isn’t something for you to deal with their insurer if the insurer refuses to co-operate.

If he is insured then he will get them involved fast enough.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.