13262538

i am not allowed to claim unemployment benefit as the last

Customer Question

i am not allowed to claim unemployment benefit as the last time i signed on about 25 years ago my surname was different to what it is now i changed it by deed poll 12 years ago and have lost the document thanks

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Have you appealed the decision to the DWP please?

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you Your National Insurance Number Will have remained the same so the change of name is not Catastrophic.
Since the original Change of Name Deed is lost you will need to sign a new one.
There are numerous sites where they can be downloaded FREE (do NOT pay) - you can then sign it in the presence of an Independent Witness and this will solve the problem
Please ask if you need further details