13262538

I was made bankrupt in april 2013 and have a joint mortgage

Customer Question

I was made bankrupt in april 2013 and have a joint mortgage with my wife my trustees solicitor is really pushing to sell my family home and keeps asking me to decide whether my wife can buy my half whetehr I can raise finance or sell my house or he will apply for a court order before xmas to sell my half . we are trying to resolve this but feel so pressurised to make a decision . I understood we had one year i.e. till aqpril 2014 before the trustee would take action . can the swolicitor force action or 3expect us to decide before 1 year is up . we don't know yet whether we can save the house and want to be given the year
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Are you currently living in the property?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes,our son also lives with us in the property

You do indeed have until April before the Trustee can obtain an Order for the sale of the property.
This does not mean that you have a year before you decide - the trustee can apply before then - but the Order will not be made
Clearly time is passing swiftly so you do need to be making plans
I am sorry - I know that this is not the news that you wanted
Please ask if you ned further details