75100385

We were visited by a bailiff for business rates arrears..for

Customer Question

We were visited by a bailiff for business rates arrears..for two of our shops. We paid monthly from April 2013 to Nov 2013 always paid with the month but not on the 1st...we lost the right to pay by instalments ....the arears were Nov Dec Jan 2014 however one shop had closed Oct 2013 so his demand was incorrect ....we have had previous problems with Westminster council in the past because of there stupididity and errors,a signed affidavit was in the premises showing the contents of the shop did not belong to the company he was looking for..this should of given us enough time to deal with the council.... He was shown the legal document and replied he could buy one for £7 He then removed the clients from the shop told the self employed hairdressers to put on their coats (no one did) as the shop was closed..my solicitor called him at my shop and said we will pay,he then advised me to pay to get rid of him. He traumatised the hairdressers and and lost them two hours pay. He has damaged my business reputation.. The eight hairdressers and five clients have written statements telling of their experience Of this bully boy thug... Can I make a Form 4 complaint? I complained to his company Equita who tell me they defend hid actions.. Keith XXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Do you accept you owe arrears please?
JACUSTOMER-0h7vni4r- : No if you read my email the Oxford St shop was closed down in October..the council were after
JACUSTOMER-0h7vni4r- : Nov.Dec.Jan. the bailiff went to the premises so he knew it was closed down
Alex Watts : Did the Council coreect the business rates amount or was the claiming the full amount on instruction from the council please?