75100385

hello i went to court last week. a firm of solicitors are trying

Customer Question

hello i went to court last week. a firm of solicitors are trying to put a charging order on my property. this was a litigation case where my sister contested my mothers will. the solicitor acting for me was incompetent. i was so unhappy with her lack of representation and extortionate fees i complained to the legal ombudsman. they said she offered a reasonable service and couldnt comment regarding the costs! i am still very agreived by this.however i would like to know how to minimise the risks of having a charging order put on my property. the solicitor who attended court said she would explain to her seniors that i am trying to sell my mothers property by reducing the price and set up a monthly payment to pay the bill in installments.then they will not force me to sell my property. i have a signed undertaking to ensure the firm that they will get there money upon the sale of my mothers property. they will not reduce the bill even though i have been overcharged. please advise.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : I assume you were loan
Alex Watts : Liable for the bill. Dd you ever ask the court to assess the bill please?