Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi, I am going through a Transfer of Equity where my ex partner

Customer Question

Hi, I am going through a Transfer of Equity where my ex partner is keeping our house & taking on the mortgage. I want him to send me a 'financial disclaimer' where it states the T/E clears all financial matters between us.

He and his solicitor are not willing to do this, but I done this in 2006 when I was in a similar situation with another ex partner.

Why does this seem to be so hard to get resolved now?

Thanks,

Sharon Brophy
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sharon,

Thanks for your enquiry.

You will of course be released from the Mortgage upon completion of the Transfer, but it would not be normal for a separate document eing signed by one party to confirm that all financial matters between the parties are clear.

However, there is a simple solution- you refuse to sign the Transfer until you get a letter from his Solicitor confirming that upon you signing the Transfer, this is in full and final settlement of any financial claims between the two of you.

I hope this assists, but please let me know if you require further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.