I am having a issue with my orange mobile phone contracts.

Customer Question

I am having a issue with my orange mobile phone contracts. We have 3 contracts with them (1 we don't use but are stuck in contract. Even though they have no proof of renewal). We rang them in sept 2012 to lower our tariff on the 173 number because don't use it and up our tariff on the 902 number which we do use. Orange put the tariffs on the wrong phones. So the phone we use was put on the lower tariff which ment we were going over our minutes every month and being charged a fortune and the number we don't use was being charged at a higher tariff. We have been fighting them on this case for nearly 8 months and had fake promises every time. Today having spoken to them again they say nothing was ever wrong. Where do we stand on this problem because we paid about £60 a month more than we should have been paing for for about 8months.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this. Was the option you chose misadvertised to you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I called them to change tariff but they have put the wrong tariffs on the wrong phones. I also never asked to renew a contract with them. I have been in contact with them many times. The last time I spoke to them on 14 oct 2013 I spoke to a supervisor and he promised me a refund which would be credited to my next bill. Surprise surprise this never happened.

Do they accept they have put the wrong tariffs on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They have done in previous conversations but today they say nothing was wrong. But why would I put a higher tariff on a phone I don't use and a lower tariff on a phone we do use. Common sense they have done a mistake.
No, but that doesn't always stop them.

What was the renewal date roughly please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We originally tried changing the tariff in sept 2012 when they were put on the wrong phones. We realised in June 2013 when they were changed to the tariff we originally wanted. But for those 8 months in between we were paying too much.

The simple solution here really is to sue. Obviously negotiation should be attempted before suing but its not very successful so far.

You need to send them one letter making clear that if they do not pay within 7 days you will sue. When they do not issue here

Its very unlikely that they would contest this. Its not worth the manpower of doing so.

You could also claim from the original reduction point. They do not seem to be denying that you are entitled to reduce your tariff. If so, and you attempted to do so which lead to no reduction then you do have a claim for the funds you've paid them.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.