Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

i wrote a minute ago, but your system would not recognise my

Customer Question

i wrote a minute ago, but your system would not recognise my credit card and locked off before I could try an alternative.

my question was dealing with the legal status of Associatons and the personal liability of its members
Expert:  Joshua replied 3 years ago.

Joshua :

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practicing lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Joshua :

I am very sorry to hear that you have experienced difficulty. How may I help you with this?

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

Goaod Morning Joshua

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

my question is dealing with the legal status of Associatons and the personal liability of its members Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales.

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

Basically as a member of a village Association, which is considering starting and run a Community Shop. I do not see it being viable, though an excellent initiative.

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

if the venture fails financially, will I be potentially liable for some of the accumulated losses.Will it be treated as a partnership rather than a limited liability?

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

I await your full reply.

JACUSTOMER-uxb6gg73- :

is there anything you need from me? I await your fulleply.

Joshua :

My apologies for the delay in reverting to you. From what you say do I understand that there has been limited or no discussion about what structure to employ for your association - e.g. a trust, partnership etc?