Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

On the 13.06.13 Two men came to my house claiming they were

Customer Question

On the 13.06.13 Two men came to my house claiming they were working on behalf of British gas on a goverment sceme fitting free loft insulation, the removed my existing insulation wich was only Two inches thick in order to replace it with uptodate insulation which I understand is about ten inches, I have never seen them since and now have no insulation at all. After months of detective work i managed to trace the man at the top, He owns a company called Best Energy Reductions Ltd at Withnell near Chorley Lanc,s . I jave spoken to him by phone many times and he has promised to finish the job but nothing has been done, now all i get is his answer phone I have tried phoning him from four different phones without getting through he is obviously avoiding me. His men also drilled 8 holes through the walls of my house to install cavity wall insulation but did not insulate. What action do sujest I should take? Has he commited any offence ? Regards
Expert:  Max Lowry replied 3 years ago.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to the site. My name is Max and I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

This is not likely to be a criminal offence kind of matter. However, they should have finished the work as promised. You could force them to do that, via the Court, but in all honesty, I would suggest you simply contact another supplier of this type of thing, and ask them to do the job instead.

Max Lowry :

They will cancel the previous job and proceed with a new one for you. It all comes under one government scheme you see.

Max Lowry :

Max Lowry :

Do you want me to tell you about any specific thing concerning this?

JACUSTOMER-z2plnrsf- :

I dont know why I botherd . thats £40 for nothing.

Max Lowry :

Why is it £40 for nothing?

Max Lowry :

I want to help you.

Max Lowry :

I just need to understand whether you want practical information, or legal information about what to do via the courts?