Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Good evening Sir/Madame, My concern is relating to a medical

Customer Question

Good evening Sir/Madame,
My concern is relating to a medical professional...On Friday 13th my 2 year son needed to go back to the doctors, the very same one he had seen before. And on this occasion my sister had to take my son as I was at work... I received a call that afternoon from my Mother and sister saying that I have been accused of hitting my son that he had bruises on his back... I couldn't understand where the doctor come to such a conclusion as my son has Mongolian blue spots Birth marks from his bottom and up his back since birth...This is prominent in mix heritage children.. As I arrived home that night from work I was greeted by the police and social services...that night I was questioned about it and I showed them my son and his baby book where it was noted about the birth marks...But the next night I had to go to A and E to see a paediatrician to check my son, who said it is blue spots birth marks and gave me a letter and wrote one to the doctors too and the social services to clarified it...but I have not received an apology from the doctors and I am now got problems sleeping etc and the fact that it false definition of character plus my children could of been removed from a loving home from my care...it has upset my family a lot..what can I do?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

What losses if anything did you suffer as a result please?

JACUSTOMER-bwu9okod- :

It was mostly transport costs and my time is very limited as I'm self employed, so any time I do have is spent with children and sourcing equipment paying bills etc... so it has a knock effect. Plus the embarrassment and that it still maybe on record even though it was proven that it was Mongolian Blue spots And the fact I still haven't received an apology so discourteous. Plus my child be subjected to unnecessary examination.

Alex Watts :

How much do you consider you have lost all in all?

JACUSTOMER-bwu9okod- :

15 in petrol and 2.50 on parking...and cost to solicitors on phone and this too. The cost to my r

Alex Watts :

How much in total please?

Alex Watts :

Just a total

JACUSTOMER-bwu9okod- :

so sorry pressed keys...reputation . I really do not know what costs can be thought of ,

Alex Watts :

Ok -roughly? Let me have a think about this.

I am afraid that the simple fact is there is no claim that you can make at all.
All Medical Professionals are under extreme pressure NOT to miss signs of abuse - and this inevitably means that they err on the side of caution.
Whilst it is understood and appreciated that this will cause distress to the innocent it is held that that is better than abuse being missed.
This being the case I am afraid there has been no wrong doing by this over anxious doctor and all you can request is an apology
I am sorry to disappoint you - please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.