Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

£500 given by a client to a carer to look after. Carer then

Customer Question

£500 given by a client to a carer to look after. Carer then spent the money but did return it in full at a later date. What can carer expect to receive as punishment

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Has this been reported to the police please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes and social services
Has the carer been charged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No but police were only informed today, they are visiting the Carers office on wednesday
Thanks for the information.

Its obviously difficult to predict from the information you have been given so far.

However, there is a huge breach of trust in any theft from employer and given that the employer here is vulnerable and the trust imposed is great that is a hugely aggravating feature.

Realistically though, she is probably going to avoid custody basically because the sums involved are low even though they probably meant a great deal to the victim.

That said, I would expect a suspended sentence because of the other aggravating features probably combined with an unpaid work order. She could go to prison but given the sums its unlikely.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.

Hope this helps.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.