Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Hi Yogi here. I rented a car with Avis on 14th dec 2013. the

Customer Question

Hi Yogi here. I rented a car with Avis on 14th dec 2013. the booking ref is 04915598gb2.
I booked it around 11:45 am on Saturday. the booking person told me to go quickly to avis office as it was nearly closing time. he also told me car is booked etc. took the card number and money etc. when I went to office the lady there was too offensive. She started with I don't have a car and started calling some numbers. she asked me then to take a sit and entertained another customer who was British by the looks of it and was very polite in serving him. By no fault of mine she started arguing with me and also told me that if I argue with her (which is surprise because I did not I only asked for my car and was ready to negotiate) she will cancel the deal. It did not help me and I was in need so I took whatever offer she gave me.
To cut the long story short do we have any law by which I can teach her to be nice to her customers as it gave me a high blood pressure and I was scary to drive back home as I was shaking. also I took the insurance afraid that she will not help me and will take out the rage by telling me that the car was not in good condition when I return it. I paid around 59 gbp for the car, and 157 gbp more for the insurance and diesel deposit. I hope she gives me back my full deposit. as the car also had a tire burst when I was returning home. they fixed it through AA. but they said they will charge 25 GBP more for admin fees whereas the leady told me that you are fully covered with 0 excess.
it has been a full frustration for me and I don't care about any claims or money but want to teach the avis company a good lesson playing fast and loose with honest costumers.
regards
Yogi.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : In short the lady was rude to you and you want to do something about that?
JACUSTOMER-0wfg2o0v- :

There is no reply yet so how should a rate service?

Alex Watts :

No need to rate as I need more informastion.

Alex Watts :

In short the lady was rude to you and you want to do something about that?

JACUSTOMER-0wfg2o0v- :

hi there is no answer but it says answered and you have also taken 33 gbp for nothing. can you please answer?

Alex Watts :

I have not given an answer yet.

Alex Watts :

I asked: In short the lady was rude to you and you want to do something about that?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.