12826847

my adopted son was not diagnosed with learning difficulties

Customer Question

my adopted son was not diagnosed with learning difficulties and ADHD .we were awarded an adoption allowance which we where unaware of until after the adoption was confirmed by the justice system.in the last 2 years our allowance has been dramatically reduced by the local council whom we adopted from.we were unaware of any difficulties with our son when we adopted him and feel it is not fair that the adoption allowance has been reduced.he has been given a SEN statement for his learning difficulties.when we adopted him we were informed that he had no difficulties and was unlikely to have any heriditry problems.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is your son?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my on is 16 years old ( born 8/12/1997 )

When was the Adoption?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

February 2004

What extra costs do you incur because of his disability?