tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

we have a customer who bought a product used it and then left

Customer Question

we have a customer who bought a product used it and then left it on the arm of the chair where it has left a mark who is responsible the shop she bought it from or the product manufacturer (it was A hallloween glow wand)
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question.

tdlawyer :

My name is Tony, I will assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

It is usually the seller who is responsible to the consumer for defective goods, not the manufacturer. The wholesaler is usually liable to the retailer, and the manufacturer is liable to the wholesaler. There is usually a contractual chain that has to be followed.

tdlawyer :

Essentially the purchase of goods can only usually sue the person that the purchased it from.

tdlawyer :

I hope this answers your question, if it does, please do rate the answer for me. If not, please let me know what you need to know.