chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I have just been flooded in a chalet when I took out the insurance

Customer Question

I have just been flooded in a chalet when I took out the insurance I was covered for flood but apparently it changed a couple of years ago of which I wasn't aware they did send out an assessor and he said my chalet was a write off this is my only home and everything I own I am an oap and don't have the money to re home please what can I do. I think the insurance company should have informed me about the change as my address is Riverside
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, when did you last renew your insurance?

JACUSTOMER-rgk1ukqe- : earlier this year but the change was made a one year ago but didn't receive any communication
chatham-chamber :

Hi, unfortunately, you can only rely on the policy wording that was issued at the time the policy was renewed.

chatham-chamber :

Therefore, if the risk was not covered, I am afraid that you will be unable to rely on the policy.

chatham-chamber :

If you believe aht teh policy was mis-sold, you may have a case to take to the financial ombudsman.