12826847

I need help and advice. My daughter has been charged with

Customer Question

I need help and advice. My daughter has been charged with alcohol related (drink drive) offence this week. She has been suffering from depression, and a recent personal event has tipped her over he edge and she has had a mental breakdown and is now seeking treatment via her doctor. She is currently unemployed, in debt, has rent arrears and has a history of self harm. I need to urgently find a legal aid solicitor in the Reading area. I plan to pay for her to go into rehab, but she needs to at Reading Magistrates court on 13 January 2014. 1) I am not sure she will be fit enough to attend 2) Can I attend on her behalf to find out what the court sentencing decisions will be? 3) Can you recommend a solicitor with expertise in this area.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

On what basis will your daughter be unfit to attend please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As stated I am not sure she will be unfit to attend, it depends on the doctors decision whether she will be treated in residential rehabilitation centre, or whether she can stay with family and attend as a day patient. Right now her state of mind is very fragile and she wishes to self harm due to this event. In other words end her life.

Yes, I understand that but is the doctor actually going to write her a sick note that says unfit for court? Its a very high test. Even people held on section of the mental health act are generally fit for court and I presume there's no suggestion of sectioning here?
ARe you ok?

Can I help further?