12826847

I have just purchased a boat and have found hull damage that

Customer Question

I have just purchased a boat and have found hull damage that wasn't mentioned to me by the broker - am I covered under the sales of good act? It needs £2000 worth of work before it should be returned to the water.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

When did you purchase the boat and how much did you pay for it please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply. I paid £97,500 for the boat and purchased it at the end of November 2013.

Darren

Sorry for the delay. I was travelling back.

The seller is in breach of the Sale of Goods Act as the goods are not of satisfactory quality.

Whether liability is with the seller or is with the broker will depend on the agreement that you have with the broker and the agreement that the seller has with the broker.

If it is not clear, then you would issue legal proceedings against both of them unless they agree to remedy this fault.

If neither the Seller nor the broker will not agree to put right whatever is wrong then your remedy is to do the work yourself and to sue the parties in the Small Claims Court.

You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

You need to get an expert report to confirm what needs doing, why and the likely cost.