12826847

Can a builder win a small claims case against me when he contravened

Customer Question

Can a builder win a small claims case against me when he contravened the 'doorstep selling ' law .He has made a botch up of fencing work and demanded cash . I have not paid him but did offer to pay for some of the work in the back garden despite faults .I also asked for a high fence but found out later after the dispute that it contavines local by laws . He is now using this as weapon to say that is why I a not paying . It is the shoddy work and not the height of the fence . He would have been paid if it had been satisfactory and I would have dealt with the problem of the height myself . Should he not have advised me regarding front garden fence heights and the by laws . I did verbally agree to the work and the price but was never given any paper work and still have not received a proper invoice .He has just went to a Solicitor first and when he did not get the response he wanted has sent me small claims summons . I still have to go to Cit.Avice for help .

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How much do you owe please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

His quote was £1950 for front and back fencing including a retaining wall which was a botch up as well .

I've just noticed that you are in Scotland so I'll move this to Scots law for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when are you going to answer and I do not want to close this dialogue . I am confused as to why you cannot answer regardless of Scottish law . I have paid to receive an answer please .This is not a follow up question as I have not had a legal answer yet . This is just another con and I will be reporting this

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have asked for my money back as this is ridiculous