29905560

I have worked for ADT alarms as an driving engineer I suffer

Customer Question

I have worked for ADT alarms as an driving engineer I suffer from epilepsy which ADT knew about when I joined 13 years ago,3 years ago I had an epileptic attack so was unable to drive for a year,but I still worked for 8 months on foot and working with other engineers where required .returning to my driving engineer job when my licence was returned,I have unfortunately had another epileptic incident this October,my doctor has put me on different medication,and have been ok since,but my manager is now trying to dismiss me,initially offering me redundancy,which I declined,I have said I can work on foot again ,there is plenty of work to be done,my manager now has made a final capability meeting at my house in January 2014 saying the outcome may lead to termination of my employment.Is it right that I loose my job because of this illness. Thanks for your help Andy

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why are they refusing to give you other jobs that are not affected by your illness?