75100385

Is apology of crime a criminal offence in the UK?

Customer Question

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Could you please explain a little more.?
JACUSTOMER-eeiv5av6- :

Hello Alex.

JACUSTOMER-eeiv5av6- :

Hello Alex,

JACUSTOMER-eeiv5av6- :

Hello Allex,

Alex Watts : Hello
JACUSTOMER-eeiv5av6- :

My question refers to the recent trial of the murderers of Lee Rigby and the interview on Radio 4 of Anjem Chaudry where he effectively backs the killing. I know that in certain countries, for example Italy or Germany, you can be prosecuted for supporting a criminal act and I would like to know if there are similar provisions in UK law. Thanks.

Alex Watts : But in this case he is being interviewed and giving his view.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and is certainly not the one I want to give, as I also find this offensive, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?