Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

i m a romainan women i m pregnant and i m single i been working

Customer Question

i m a romainan women i m pregnant and i m single i been working for 7 years and i pay tax wat document i need for a council house??do i have any rights
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name is Alex Hughes and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You can apply for accommodation direct from a housing association.

If you are working while authorised or exempt you are eligible for housing benefit to help pay your rent.

If you are working on the Seasonal Agricultural Workers (SAWS) Scheme your employer is expected to provide you with accommodation.

If you apply for housing or homelessness help in England you are eligible, but only if you are working while authorised or exempted.

I suggest you contact a housing association in your local area. If you do not have details then your local council housing team will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

to make the aplication for concil house like a romanian wat documents i need?? i have just the insurance number and the payslip..at the moment i m still working i will get my smp maternity on februarie ..

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
You will need to show your identification document or passport; payslips and details of your employment and national insurance number. They will also need some information with your current home address and details of any bank accounts you have and savings. If you do not have all these documents, you will need to obtain them in order to apply for housing and benefits.