Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

my sister my brother and myself were all exuetors to our parents

Customer Question

my sister my brother and myself were all exuetors to our parents will my mother died 21 months ago my sister wrote to the solictor asking to be taken off the will of my fathers estate .my father died in nov 2013 she now says she wants to be an excutor again can she do this
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If your sister has asked to be removed as Executor of your Father's Will, a letter to a Solicitor confirming this, is not legally binding.

In order for your sister to be removed as Executor, she has to sign a formal document called a Deed of Renunciation, which a Solicitor would prepare. Alternatively, your Father would have needed to change his Will, leaving her out as an Executor.

Therefore, if your sister has now changed her mind, she is entitled to remain as an Executor.

I hope this answers your question, but please let me know if you require any further clarification.

Kind Regards
AL
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.