tdlawyer
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
73598664

I have problems with tenants. they are not paying there full

Customer Question

I have problems with tenants.
they are not paying there full rent on the ground they say the garden need tiding, they have hired a skip to clear some of it, charged me for the skip, taken out a tree and hedging without permission, outwith saying anything to me, I do have a manager, but he does not seem to be able to advice me to what action to take. Only has said what do I wont to do about it.
it does say in there lease that they cannot do anything to the property with out written permission. also it says they need to pay rent in full or other wise interest could be charge on outstanding money, plus I could give 2 weeks notice. I have at this time given them 2 months notice. that was done in November as that was what I was to understand I could do on a rolling contract. Can you please advice how I stand in this and what might be the best way forward,
Expert:  tdlawyer replied 3 years ago.

tdlawyer :

Hello, thank you for your question. My name is Tony, I can help with this.

tdlawyer :

Have you served s.8 and s.21 notices?