75100385

Dear Sir, Madam, I am a regular ebayer and Im disgusted with

Customer Question

Dear Sir, Madam, I am a regular ebayer and I'm disgusted with the amount of counterfeit items on the site. I have reported these items to ebay but they do nothing as they are profiting from the sale of these goods. Once you have purchased an item, even if it is counterfeit you must return it (ebays policy) for a refund at your expense. This is unbelievable. I have reported half a dozen or so sellers that are definitely selling fake goods. Ebay make it almost impossible to contact themselves and when you do eventually get through you are led a merry dance. Criminal convictions should be brought against these traders and ebay themselves are an accomplice to the sale of these as they are making a tidy sum from the unsuspecting public. I'm not sure what to do regarding this as I'm getting nowhere with there advisors, kind regards, XXXXX XXXXX

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you reported it to Trading Standards please?
JACUSTOMER-ior1i1r1- :

Trading standards sent me to this link

JACUSTOMER-ior1i1r1- :

Ebay are making a fortune from the sale of these goods and seem to turn a blind eye to the fact that counterfeit goods are being sold on a daily basis by the truck load. it is obvious they are fake as the buyers are allowed to leave feedback after purchase and many state that the goods are counterfeit yet ebay still allow the sellers to put them up for auction. These sellers are selling hundreds and thousands at a time of which ebay take 10% plus listing fees. You don't need to be a genius to work out that they are making a pretty penny from these conmen. Does this make ebay guilty of conspiring to profit from the sale of these items. Now I don't have the funds to take ebay to court but its long overdue that someone does

JACUSTOMER-ior1i1r1- :

They also have a policy that if you want a refund after buying fake goods you must return it to the seller (at your expense) for a refund. This is a joke.

JACUSTOMER-ior1i1r1- :

does that mean I have wasted £11, this service is worse than ebays

JACUSTOMER-ior1i1r1- :

thanks for your time, please send my refund to Thomas Laird, 19 Ormiston Drive, East Calder, West Lothian, eh530rn.

Alex Watts :

Sorry for the delay I was buying presents.

Alex Watts :

I indeed agree that they benefit from people selling fake goods.

Alex Watts :

However Trading Standards somewhat misled you - their online system is not operated by Trading Standards but in fact Citizens Advice Bureau.

Alex Watts :

The ONLY people that can prosecute this is Trading Standards.#

Alex Watts :

Therefore what I would suggest is that you write (not call) your local Council and make a complaint.

Alex Watts :

The more people that do this the more likely they are to investigate and prosecute.

Alex Watts :

But it would be for them to take action and not the Police - they have more powers for false selling etc.

Alex Watts :

I realise this may not be the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Alex Watts :

I myself have been a victim but having paid through Paypal been able to obtain an instant refund.

Alex Watts :

May I wish you a Happy Christmas - may I clarify anything for you about this today please?