12826847

Can the birth father of my 3yr old grandchild which we have

Customer Question

Can the birth father of my 3yr old grandchild which we have residence order for, the bf has not seen my grandchild for 2 1/2 years & only has supervised access at contact centre which he has never activated use a photo of my grandchild that he has obtained 3rd party and has put it on his opening page on his facebook account? Please help us with this Thank you
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Is he named on the birth certificate?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes he is
Then I am afraid that he technically has Parental responsibility for the child and is entitled to use a photograph in this way
You could try approaching Facebook and saying that you have a Residence Order and asking for it to be removed - but there is no guarantee of success I am afraid
Your other option is to apply to the court for a Prohibited Steps Order - but in all honesty there is no guarantee that this would be worth the emotional effort involved - however that is a decision only you can make
Please ask if you need further details