12826847

My father is 90 years old and would like to claim the medals

Customer Question

My father is 90 years old and would like to claim the medals and bible that was given to is father in the war .these were given to my son for safe keeping ,the medals will be his and the bible will be his twin sisters on the death of my father,we have had no contact with my son for almost 4 years with a family argument ,we have requested them back on a number of occasions without success ,my father is very frail and all he wants is to hold them one last time as it is the only thing he has left of his fathers ,what can we do to get them back

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

You can seek an injunction forcing him to return them. Its quite expensive to do that so its really something that you should only do if your father is intent upon recovering these particular items and money compensation will not be adequate.

You will need to locate your son but you can use a tracing agent to achieve that. Its not expensive. Usually now less then £100. Very few people cannot be traced using these agents.

Its probably a good idea to trace him first and then write to him asking for them and making clear you will sue and seek costs against him if he does not comply. That might be all that is required.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.