How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alice H Your Own Question
Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alice H is online now

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our

Resolved Question:

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our Tenerife apartment. He is ill and cannot travel overseas. I need power of attorney advise to act on his behalf. Can you help.
Neil Peart
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You should ask a solicitor to draft a power of attorney on behalf of your brother.

Ideally this should bilingual - English and Spanish.

The power of attorney should then be executed in the presence of a UK Notary Public.

It will then be necessary to obtain a legalisation certificate from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to be able to use the power of attorney abroad.

I appreciate this sounds like a lot of work but actually one firm of solicitors should be able to assist you with the process fairly swiftly.


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You say presence of a UK notary where are they. I live in DONCASTER.

Also will the solicitor obtain legislation certificate or do I need to visit the foreign and comm office


Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
This firm is based in Doncaster and should be able to help you:
Alice H and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will they arrange both English and Spanish documents for power of attorney

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Their notary deals with all types of deeds for use abroad, so I'm confident they will be able to arrange everything for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt and precise responce

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
No problem. All the very best with this.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes