Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our

I am in the process of buying my brothers half share in our Tenerife apartment. He is ill and cannot travel overseas. I need power of attorney advise to act on his behalf. Can you help.
Neil Peart
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
My name isXXXXX and I'm happy to help with your question today.

You should ask a solicitor to draft a power of attorney on behalf of your brother.

Ideally this should bilingual - English and Spanish.

The power of attorney should then be executed in the presence of a UK Notary Public.

It will then be necessary to obtain a legalisation certificate from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to be able to use the power of attorney abroad.

I appreciate this sounds like a lot of work but actually one firm of solicitors should be able to assist you with the process fairly swiftly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You say presence of a UK notary where are they. I live in DONCASTER.

Also will the solicitor obtain legislation certificate or do I need to visit the foreign and comm office

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
This firm is based in Doncaster and should be able to help you:

http://www.malcolmcfoy.co.uk/site/services_individuals/notary_profile/
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will they arrange both English and Spanish documents for power of attorney

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Their notary deals with all types of deeds for use abroad, so I'm confident they will be able to arrange everything for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your prompt and precise responce

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
No problem. All the very best with this.

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

I am following up our conversation to see how you got on with the issue. If you need any further help then please let me know - remember I am a qualified UK Solicitor and able to help on most aspects of English Law. I am London based and usually able to respond to your query very quickly.

Alex Hughes