Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

Hello again, I would like to show my blog to a lawyer and

Customer Question

Hello again,
I would like to show my blog to a lawyer and let him decide, if there is something against the law, just to make sure. I'd like to know if I need some official translation with a stamp, translation from a certificated translator or can he accept also my own translated version?
Thanks a lot, Patricia
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
There is no need to get anything other than a translation. If it comes to a dispute then evidence can be given as to the accuracy of the translation but there is really not mechanism for an " official" translation. You could portably get one notarised but it is not really usual in this country.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So I should be alright with a translation made by myself and no lawyer will send me away with "I'm sorry but how can I know this is an accurate translation of your blog?".

No why should they. You are paying them for advice!