75100385

Can multi storey car parks put a limited time bay in there

Customer Question

Can multi storey car parks put a limited time bay in there car park

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Were there any signs to say it was 10 mins? Is the car park a council one please?
JACUSTOMER-9qxj5c7b- : There is a notice on the wall and yes this is council owned
JACUSTOMER-9qxj5c7b- : Yes there were signs and it is council owned
Alex Watts : In that case it's bad news. The parking is governed by the Traffic Management Act 2004 and sets down rules for councils.
Alex Watts : There is such a thing as limited parking and if there were signs then this is all that is needed.
Alex Watts : If you exceeded the time in a designated bay and it was signed as such, sadly you are liable.
Alex Watts : I can say my local council has these bays but they are red.
Alex Watts : I am sorry if this is noT the answer you want and it's certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Alex Watts : If you do have any further questions I will pick them up later this morning as it is 4,30am. If not then please remember to leave feedback before you go today.