29905560

Dear Sir I arranged for a cleaner to go in and clean my parents

Customer Question

Dear Sir
I arranged for a cleaner to go in and clean my parents home, at £10 an hour for 2 hours a week after my mum got ill.
I was getting bills which I paid by cheque but got no receipts. I kept phoning and emailing and getting told that the accountant was not in and someone would ring me back, no5hing happened. Then the bills stopped coming. I again phoned and e mailed and nothing. I lived in northern Ireland and my parents lived in Luton, When I went to Luton, my dad said I should not be paying as it came out of his carers allowance. So I thought that's why they had stopped billing me. About a year later I got a bill for over a thousand pounds. I than contacted them again phoning and emailing. Eventually I had to go to Luton again. Their I queried why some months the itemised monthly bill was over £100 some months. They said that was because the cleaner worked longer. I said I had only asked for 2 hours so they amended the bill saying that I would only have to pay £80 a month. I said I could only pay monthly and not the full amount. they agreed. I again sent cheques again no acknowledgement of any kind. I went to Luton I happened to win £2000 at the casino. God works in mysterious ways. I gave £1000 to my dad to help his brother who was suffering with cancer in Zimbabwe and the next Monday went in and paid off the full amount of my dads cleaning bill. I got a receipt. This all happened over 2 years ago and I have heard nothing from them. Then I got an e mail stating they have an outstanding bill for over £1000. I now live in Nigeria my thing are in storage and all bills and receipt concerning this matter have been destroyed. I mean it was over 2 years ago. What should I do.
Yours sincerely Angela

Ben Jones :

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Ben Jones :

Have you been told what this outstanding money is for exactly, because I assume you were under the impression all bills had been settled?