12826847

my tenants had a party and have completly trash my flat police

Customer Question

my tenants had a party and have completly trash my flat police were called and they left the property through the front door leaving the door open we were told to secure the property so we changed the locks and boarded other doors The electricity and gas is not safe so we have put a notice in the window stating this and if they need their possesion to ring a telephone no Is this the right action to take .We were in court with them for rent arrears and they were due to leave at the end of this month( 6 month tenants agreement)

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

How do you know the gas and electricity was not safe? Have the Police taken any action for the damage please?

Sorry for the interruption above.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the electric plugs were hanging off ,the gas fire(log incased fire)doors ripped off and pulled away from bearings all mirrors smashed and glass doors even wooden panels on door smashed , interesting none of their property was damaged,they told the police it was gate crashers that did the damage so the police havent any one to charge, ,toilet leaking so we have to turn the water off .outside the fencing was broken down leaving the property exposed so today we have

taped the whole area off for safety

So did you want to know anything about this in particular?