75100385

hi i put my car into a garage for repairs after a they

Customer Question

hi i put my car into a garage for repairs after a period they said they could not get hold of me even though i contacted them on several occasions they put my car on the road where the garage is knowing the tax had run out and i had SORN the car it got impounded the first thing i knew about this was when i got a letter to say it was impounded i borrowed money to get it released. several months later i got a letter from DVLA taken me to court for not paying a fine but i never recieved a letter about this fine. how can i be taken to court when the garage put my car on the road with out me knowing?

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Are your details correct as per the V5 - ie have you changed address please?

JACUSTOMER-9dprpitf- :

we have moved and i updated the v5 as soon as we moved and it has been return to my new address

Alex Watts :

Did the garage take it for a test drive or park it on a public place?

JACUSTOMER-9dprpitf- :

they put it on the road the same road as there garage

Alex Watts : What you can do is plead guilty because you are guilty of the offence as there is no getting around that but ask the court to consider special circumstances.
Alex Watts : These are
Alex Watts : 1) it does not amount to a dfence
Alex Watts : defence
Alex Watts : 2) it is to do with the offence not the offender
Alex Watts : 3) it is a mitigating circumstance
Alex Watts : 4) and something the court ought to take into consideration
Alex Watts : The court can waive any penalty.
Alex Watts : But if it was on a public road, you as the owner should have control to technically you are liable but can put forward special reasons.
Alex Watts : A court can reduce any sentence or give you no sentence at all
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?