chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hello, Im a GMB member. Are we affliated with any surveyors

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a GMB member. Are we affliated with any surveyors for buying a house?

Gwen
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 3 years ago.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, when you state GMB, do you mean the Union?

chatham-chamber :

Also, what do you understand by being affiliated with surveyors to buy a house? Can you please elaborate on what you are trying to do.

chatham-chamber :

Many thanks,

JACUSTOMER-zeyrbri0- :

Hi, I do mean the GMB uinion. We often receive information for discounts on holidays, insurance etc if your are a member. I am buying a house and wanted to find out if any Surveyors are conrected. I am disabled & take an awful lot of morphine, so please forgive if my communication seems a bit rambling.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, I have had a look on the GMB website and cannot see whether you are entitled to reduced surveyor fees. I would suggest that you contact the GMB directly. Alternatively, if you are looking for a surveyor, I would suggest that you check on the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) website.

chatham-chamber :

I would be surprised if you would obtain a free survey, but you may be entitled to reduced survey fees through your union. The Union will be able to provide you with a definitive answer.

chatham-chamber :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

chatham-chamber :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

chatham-chamber :

Many thanks,

JACUSTOMER-zeyrbri0- :

Hi, I had already called the GMB but they are closed for christmas. I had also gone on the GMB site. I rated this matter urgent because the site suggested that all the searching I had done, that I would receive an answer/route that I hadn't yet gone down & due to the nature of the urgency the site suggested more knowledge than me.

chatham-chamber :

Hi, I can contact the GMB for you if you like, however, other than this there is not much else I can tell you as you would probably have more information as a member