12826847

Dear Sirs, My name isXXXXXm an English

Customer Question

Dear Sirs,
My name isXXXXX an English citizen but been living most of my life in Italy.
My father lives in England and now at the age of 82 lately has given the power of attorney to a financial adviser that I don't trust.
I believe that he is fooling my father, and have couple of proofs. How can I defend myself from such person as I'm currently living in Italy and come to visit my father occasionally?
Awaiting for your kind reply
Best Regards
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

Do you believe this adviser is defrauding your father?

Is the financial adviser FCA authorised?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How can I found out if he is a Fca authorized
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Does the adviser have a website? It should say on the website?

http://www.fca.org.uk/ If not you can check with the FCA directly?

Do you have any evidence of fraud or theft or undue influence from the adviser?

AJ

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
First of all he never made a ricipt for his job he always make my father sign a cheque under the name of his daughter ( age 3 ) plus once when my father was robed (mostly jewels) and the insurance company was involved he advised my father that was better to some insurance cards to replace the value of the stolen items instead of having the cash.
My father got 2 of this cards. One of them was given to my father the other of £ 4000 never appeared despite asking him several times.
Plus I was the executer of my father' s will and he made my father choose a solicitor that he suggested to change his will and address him as his executer instead of me
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

This has all the hall marks of a fraud. You have two options:
1. Make a complaint to the police - www.actionfraud.police.uk/‎
2. Make a complaint to the FCA.

What you will need is evidence, for example emails where the adviser has clearly directed your father to make a payment to an inappropriate third party i.e his daughter.

Will your father co operate in a complaint against this individual? Does your father have the capacity to make his own decisions?

AJ