75100385

I have brought some lamps from my wholesaler. They were not

Customer Question

I have brought some lamps from my wholesaler. They were not the ones I asked for they gave me equivalent lamps. These were only fitted 1 month ago 3 of these lamps did not work when they were fitted so were replaced through a different supplier. I have now got 3 more not working this is now 30% failed. I have contacted the supplier and have requested that all the remaining lamps are replaced. As a scaffold tower is required because of the height and also 2 electricians are required for height reasons {health and safetey}.
Am I in my rights to charge the supplier my labour costs and tower.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Are you a business or consumer please?
JACUSTOMER-ueijfiyw- :

Hi I am a company.

Alex Watts :

Under the Sale of Goods Act a supplier must make sure goods supplied are fit for purpose, of suitable quality and as described.

Alex Watts :

If not then they would be liable for breach of contract.

Alex Watts :

This means that a supplier would be liable for any losses flowing from the breach/.

Alex Watts :

Therefore the supplier would be liable for additional labour and materials required.

Alex Watts :

The supplier would counter sue their wholesaler or manufacturer

Alex Watts :

So yes, they would be liable.

Alex Watts :