Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My grandparents live in a house paid for by my mother, the

Customer Question

My grandparents live in a house paid for by my mother, the deeds for the house are in my grandparents name but my mother has a trust deed document in her name.... can my mother sell the house or borrow against it?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If the Deeds to the property are in your grandparents names, your mother will be unable to borrow against it.

As regards whether she can demand a Sale all depends on the wording of the Trust Deed. Normally, she wouldn't be able to demand such a Sale, but can you let me have the wording from the Trust Deed?

Kind Regards
AL