12826847

If a company has been taking twice as much money from you (as

Customer Question

If a company has been taking twice as much money from you (as it should not have done), for a service, for nearly three years, are you entitled to compensation?

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

For what are you seeking compensation? Do you mean the overclaimed amount?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I waited until they paid me back what they took, the question is how can they get away with taking my money for nearly three years and not pay any sort of compensation, loss of interest , and not taking responsibility for taking over and above what was due in the first place.

Thanks for the information.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news then. I’m afraid you are in difficulty here. I'm sorry this is so hard hitting but you need to understand your position.

You did have a claim in compensation for the sum of your loss which was the overpayment. They have repaid it.

You cannot claim compensation to fine them for bad behaviour and inefficient service. That is just plain a fine and unlawful.

You may have had a claim for the interest upon the amount that was deducted but they will be arguing now that you accepted the payment which may well be accepted. In any event, the claim is only for 8% per annum and that is compound so it would be a very low sum and not worth litigating over. You can write to them asking for something to recognise that which might be successful.

I'm sorry this isn't the answer you wanted but it is the position that you face and I have a duty to inform you truthfully.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.