My father-in-law is having trouble with 1 of his sons. The

Customer Question

My father-in-law is having trouble with 1 of his sons. The son lives with his dad and stepmother in their council flat (he got thrown out of his own flat some time ago so they took him in) and refuses to leave. As far as I know he doesnt get any benefits and I know he doesnt work so his dad pays for all his food and it sounds as if he's taking advantage of the situation ie asking him to pay for everything he uses. Is there anything that can be done to get the son to leave? f-in-law has asked and 'served him papers'? but Tony just laughs and throws them back at him. I know it's having a detrimental effect on both Dad and Stepmother but what exactly can they do in this situation?

My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

What papers has he served him with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Jo, I'm assuming it's papers asking him to leave the flat. I'm not sure as I didnt speak with him direct

I don't think this is my area on reflection.

I will opt out for others.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK what do I do now, wait for someone else to pick the question up?

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Nocola

Yes by all means try to find someone who can help. What do I do about the money I paid? Will that be transferred to the new professional?

No money is transferred to any Expert until you have rated an answer positively.

We will continue to look for someone to assist you.

My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does this young man ever go out?